5 Tips for the Charlottesville Bride!
- Charlottesville is filled with many choices of venues. There are mountains, vineyards, historic, and modern venues to choose from. Once you pick a date, choose a venue that will best work with the season and your style. Many outdoor weddings take place during the spring and fall because of the natural beauty that Charlottesville provides.
- Choose your bridal party! These are the ladies that will proudly stand beside you on the BIG day. Surprise your girls with a creative proposal. Ask them what they would like to help plan or which shower to throw. This will allow your friends to step up in areas that they are strong in and keep you from becoming the overwhelmed bride!
- Vendors! Hiring a wedding planner can definitely help with this area but if you decide to plan your own wedding you will need to do your research. Talk to friends and family who can recommend their favorites. A few vendors you will want to do your research on might include;
- Wedding Cake
- On sight Hair and Makeup Artist
- DJ or Band
- Wedding Designers
- Bridal Salons
- Hotel Rooms
- Wedding Ceremony Officiant
- Invitation + Paper Goods
- Ceremony Musicians
- Photographer (Valorie Kelley Shots is great!)
- Pick your Colors! Be creative and choose a color scheme that best reflects your style. While certain colors are associated with corresponding seasons, wedding magazines are always sharing color schemes that are new and different than the same Pinterest themed weddings. Look around your home and closet and play with different combinations. My personal favorite is blush and rose gold!
- You are beautiful! Don’t let the little things stress you out. Enjoy being engaged and making memories with your fiancé, family, and bridal party. Many brides fear their wedding dress not fitting properly. Take the next few months before your big day to put down the soda and drink more water! You will feel more energized and healthier with that simple change. Also your skin will thank you!
I hope you found these tips helpful. We love helping our brides prepare for their special day! To book us for your wedding click here http://valoriekelley.wpengine.com/contact/