TRICKS TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR NEXT FLIGHT!
Do you find yourself scrolling on Instagram or Facebook looking at everyone’s travel adventures? Do you have places on your bucket list that you’ve never been? Are you planning your honeymoon? These are a few of my tips to finding airfare for cheap so that I can explore on a budget!
- Start with Google Flights. I usually Google “ cheap flights to…” This allows me to get a general idea of what the average prices may be for certain destinations. I then play around with the departing airport. You will be surprised what the price difference is when you drive a little further to an airport. Often times I can save hundreds of dollars by driving to DC or Baltimore than flying out of Charlottesville or Richmond.
- TRUE BLUE! I can’t express how much this reward program that Jet Blue offers has changed the game! All you need to do is sign up for their reward program by giving your email and you will receive amazing deals. Many times, Jet Blue has direct flights from Richmond to Boston for $34!!! That’s less than a pair of jeans! SIGN UP! They often give out 3-day sales for a 2-3 month time frame so you need to be prepared to travel. https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/home
- Be flexible with your departure dates. Tuesdays are usually the cheapest days to fly out on. Sometimes I can find the same inexpensive rates on other days as well, so being flexible with your vacation dates will help you to find a cheap flight.
These two images are at the same Kate Spade in Boston 2 years apart!
- Leaving the country? WOW Airlines has flights to Europe for $99 from DC! I found this incredible deal because of twitter accounts I follow such as @theflightdeal and @airfarewatchdog https://wowair.us/flights/best-fares/ They are currently running deals for Paris too. 🙂
- Lastly I started this hobby of searching flights because I love to travel. I’ve done long car rides, busses, and even the train. If you plan well, I have found that flying is the least expensive route when you factor in time and the price.
I hope that you find the brief information on here insightful. DO NOT go into debt traveling. Save up the money so that way when the right deal comes you can snag it! Don’t forget to take lots of photos!